Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

After my Father died, my sister (POA) over our father, asked…

Customer Question
After my Father died...

After my Father died, my sister (POA) over our father, asked for a copy of my signature for dad's cremation. I sent a copy. Later I received no insurance or other death benefits? Did she misuse my signature, he had considerable assets as a physician.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

I was told he died in D.C. but was living in Maryland.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have the email signature request. I am a legal heir.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, would be delighted to have help!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/26/2017
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Was your sister appointment personal representative of the estate? A POA expires upon death.
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney