Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am trying to find out some legal information.. My Son is…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am trying to find out some legal information..

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

My Son is an executor to his great aunts estate , then their is another family member that has guardianship.. the Aunt has been in a rest home/fosterhome for the last year. She recently has passed away and now the niece will not turn over the paper work so he can carry out his job ... we are in Oregon..

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Good question, the niece that took over her care., has all the Paperwork .. there was a will made with a lawyer but we feel there has been some dishonesty going on ..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well to be clear, I was not involved with this Paperwork but this is what my son has told me .., The family member sold the Aunts house with out my son signature and sold all the personal property.. she, the niece

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/26/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Does son have a copy of the will nominating him as executor?

.

Has he filed a probate case in the local probate court to be appointed as the rep for the estate?

.

.

thanks