Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I need your help please. S, FL 33181. Not to my

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I need...

Hi Pearl, I need your help please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

This is Steven S, FL 33181

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge.... yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in a condo with my significant other that is controlled by a trust. Sadly she passed away on Wednesday. I am seeking out consulting to find out what are my residency rights please

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Estate Law
12/24/2017
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon Steven. First, let me tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your lady. I know this must be a very difficult time for you and I will certainly keep you in my prayers!

As to your question, could you provide me a bit more information? What kind of trust is this...revocable or irrevocable? Who set up this trust? For whose benefit was the trust established? Thanks.

Good afternoon Steven. I see you have not responded to my request for additional information. As I will not be available for the remaining of the evening, I am going to opt out so another expert can timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Estate Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello, Steven. Let me see if I can assist you. Sorry for your loss. Are you a trustee of the trust? If you were a co-trustee, then the property stays in the trust and you maintain control. Hope that helps. Anything else, please reply. A positive rating is appreciated.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney