Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I was served with a summons along with my deceased husband…

Customer Question
I was served with...

I was served with a summons along with my deceased husband who passed away in October/ He does not live here with me and lived in a retirement apartment. We have not lived together for several years and were in the process of obtaining a separation and I was to pay my bills and he was to pay his own.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

They served him along with me although he lived elsewhere

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is not a community state. I do not know what to do. He has not been providing for me and left me with bills and liens on my home

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am to answer this within thirty days. I did not enter into this c ontract he had signed and did not even know about it./

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/23/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Whats state are you in here?

Is your name on the account?