Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

There are shared assets with a deceased parent and the other…

Customer Question
There are shared assets...

There are shared assets with a deceased parent and the other parent died a long time ago. How are these assets handled in the parent estate?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Ohio, Hamilton county

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I was her poa so pretty much all of it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/21/2017
Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Are you speaking of joint bank accounts, etc? It depends on how the assets are held and what type of asset. Generally, though jointly held assist upon the death of one of them goes to the survivor.

If you want to discuss further, let me know. If you have follow-up questions, let me know.

Hello. I have not heard back you. Are you still looking for help on your question? If so, please let me know. Thank you.