Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My employer of 11 years recently passed and put e in his…

Customer Question
my employer of 11 years...
my employer of 11 years recently passed and put e in his will to continue receiving a paycheck and medical benefits until I turn 65. I have medical issues that require me to leave the job, does te will still cover me?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/20/2017
Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you for your patience. Generally, the executor of an estate is going to have to abide by the terms of the will. If the will did not condition you receiving this money on you working, then the answer is yes, it should still cover you. If anywhere in the will it says that you have to still keep working to receive a paycheck, then the answer is no, it won't cover you. Without seeing the will itself I cannot tell you with 100% certainty; however, use that as your guide going forward and you will be able to find out whether you're still covered.

What other questions did you have for me regarding this?