Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I delegated a family member POA to manage a Real Estate in…

I delegated a family...

I delegated a family member POA to manage a Real Estate in 2016. I need to revoke his authority but he will not receive the revocation paper.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida...Im wondering if I can record the revocation at the court house so he cannot manage of try to sell the real estate which belongs to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as far as I can tell. I have the revocation signed and notarized but he will not sign or return his copy. How can I remove his authority

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just need to nullify his authority

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Send the revocation via certified and regular mail.

Also send copies of the revocation to the bank and to any other person or entity that is involved with the property.

Record the revocation with the county recorder.

All those actions will render the POA terminated.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

.

ok thanks I have tried the certified mail, If I only record the revocation with the county recorder will that nullify it. there is no 3rd party since the real estate is paid for . So Ican easily do 1 of the 3 you listed and record the document

Yes, filing with the recorder will provide public notice of the revocation.

Loren, Attorney
Loren, Attorney