Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Just look at next of kin laws cousin passed, no husband or…

Customer Question
Just look at next...

Just look at next of kin laws cousin passed, no husband or child. one uncle five cousins?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

None this time.what would I need

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Estate Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Here is a breakdown of Ohio law.When an Ohio resident dies without having made a Last Will and Testament, the intestacy succession laws found in Title 21 of the Ohio Revised Code will dictate who inherits the deceased person's probate estate. Below is a summary of the Ohio intestacy succession laws.Not survived by parents, siblings or descendants of siblings - In this case, the probate estate will pass first to grandparents, then aunts or uncles, then great uncles or aunts, and then cousins of any degree. In the unlikely circumstance that the deceased person is not survived by any family members as described above, then the entire probate estate will escheat to the State of Ohio.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer