Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My dad died and his will show,s me as personal rep. his

Customer Question
current wife checked him into...
my dad died and his will show,s me as personal rep. his current wife checked him into hosipital. she lost gaurdian ship when he died .noww the hospital will not tell me or let me pay the bill they will only work with. widow. she has no responability for this bill only me. how can i get the bill paid?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/19/2017
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Can you tell me what state this is in please?

mo
this is the will of ***** *****

Thank you.

The estate is the entity responsible for the payment of decedent's bills. They would submit a creditor's claim to the estate. In order to act as personal rep (PR) one would need to petitiont the court to open probate:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=51053

The court will then issue "letters testamentary" and then the PR has the legal authority to act on behalf of the estate, including paying any legitimate bills.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello Again;

If you have any questions on the above please post by this evening so I can respond tomorrow morning; otherise I will be out of the office for a few days; of course upon my return you can also follow up then.

Enjoy your holidays, and thank you!

If no further questions kindly rate positively but if questions remain, ask away!