Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

After living in Sierra Vista for 4 1/2 months my sister

Customer Question
After living in Sierra...

After living in Sierra Vista for 4 1/2 months my sister died. I need to know as her benificery to her will which is for $10,000.00 What id anything I need to do. I live in N.C. I have a copy of her will and and death certificate.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

What supporting doc.. are you referring to?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Residency and probate

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/18/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

Are you saying her estate was worth $10,000?

Has anyone opened an estate in probate?