Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband died with out a will, do I have to go to probate,

Customer Question
My husband died with...

My husband died with out a will, do I have to go to probate, live in a marital property state

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Death certificate, the house and cars have been retitled to me, I was beneficiary to his ira

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He had a credit card in his name only with a balance due, the card company says I am not liable for the balance due, but it is being sent to a collection agency. No family is contesting.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/13/2017
Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Estate Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The short answer is it depends on when the properties were deeded to you, and what other property, funds, or assets remain in question.

I'd be happy to speak with you over the phone to discuss your situation further.

I'll send you the phone call service offer so we can proceed from there.