Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My sister says i have 2weeks to move out because she is

Customer Question
selling my Moms house. Mom...
My sister says i have 2weeks to move out because she is selling my Moms house. Mom passed away and she is claiming my mom said to sell it after she dies. She has a trust written that says it should be read with her will but my sister says there is no will. She has not been appointed as executor by the court but claims to be. Can she legally do this to me and the other tenants who are renting in the same house?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Has sister given you any written notice to vacate?

.

Is the house still in mother's name?

.

.

thanks

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney