Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am in need of a Pro bono lawyer in Sheridan, Wy who can…

Customer Question
I am in need...

I am in need of a Pro bono lawyer in Sheridan, Wy who can help me with: I was the POA for my mother who lived with my husband and I. She died in October and now my brother has hired a lawyer, and has sent two letters concerning the estate of my mothers...which there is none. In 2013 we had to sell her home; do to him putting my parents into a nursing home, with that her home was cleaned out and things were given away, but before that he had an auction company come in and appraise all of there things, something she didn't want done, she wanted things to be given away. So now he is wanting a full account of monies spent while I was POA, and wants to know now where the things on the appraisal are? He was asked many times from her to come to the house and get what he wanted...I need some help here.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wyoming

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

What do you mean please?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, in 2016 of September she had a new will drawn up, they are telling me that I had undue influence over her to sign it, and that I could not be a witness, and that I was cutting my siblings out of an estate that was very nill....she had a 5,000 life insurance policy that is being split 3 ways. Also, she walked into the place were we had the will notarized.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
12/5/2017
Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 7 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. JustAnswer experts cannot take customers as clients. What I can do is provide leads for PRO BONO clinics and organizations in WY and your area. They may be able to help.

Will this work for you?

di a call legal aid...but i would like to speak to someone in person

I can recommend three resources. First, here is a list of all pro bono work in the state...

http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory/wyoming.html

…and another list:

http://www.lawhelp.org

Finally, you may call your local law school and see if they have a legal clinic place available. The legal clinic is a free service the school(s) provide to the community. While they are often overbooked, they have openings sometimes. Here is the list law schools in your state:

http://www.hg.org/law-schools-wyoming.asp

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.