Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I JUST GOT MARRIED TO A WOMEN WHO OWNS A HOME IN FLORIDA SHE…

Customer Question
I JUST GOT MARRIED...

I JUST GOT MARRIED TO A WOMEN WHO OWNS A HOME IN FLORIDA SHE BELIVES i'M NPW O

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

SORRY SHE BELIEVES I'm intitle to her house by law Is this true I do not want it at all and i'm trying to settltle

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Estate Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 4 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did she ever add you to title? Just to be clear, this was owned by her prior to the marriage?

no yes owned prior she would like to sell and by another home but I do not want to be entited to that either

Thank you for the reply. If the home was owned by her prior to the marriage, it would be hers. If she wanted to sell it, she could. She could take those proceeds and buy another home if she desires and not commingle them and still try and make a claim that the home is her and place title, solely in her name, having you sign off on it.

I understand I am not entitled to any part of the exsisting home this would put her at ease

Yes, that is correct. It is a non-martial asset. Unless she adds you to title or gives you a legal interest in it, it would belong to her.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney