Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am the trustee of an estate, I am also the sole

Customer Question
I am the trustee...

I am the trustee of an estate, I am also the sole beneficiary, on a revocable trust in MA. Am I able to take some money in order to put in new septic system or pay off some small credit card balances?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Massachusetts, truste began 2006

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The actual trust

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 7 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive estate planning and administration experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: It would depend on the terms of the trust. If the trust provides that you may use assets from the trust to maintain the estate assets, then you would be able to do so. Without having viewed the trust I cannot say with certainty that this is the case, but it is very likely that the trust provides that you may do so.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.