Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My father was in Africa and he passed away he live there…

Customer Question
My father was in...

My father was in Africa and he passed away he live there left me some gold bars now do I have to get a change of ownership document done in order to receive that

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

I'm in Canada Calgary Alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

In regards ***** ***** being my father

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't have the funds to go to Africa right now to do it myself

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
11/26/2017
Estate Lawyer: Zoey_JD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How did you learn about this legacy? That is, who contacted you and how.

In what African country were the bar?