Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

First I have to say my pc and phone are hacked. My estranged…

Customer Question
Hi, first I have...

Hi, first I have to say my pc and phone are hacked. My estranged sister gave my considerable inheritance to my husband illegally. I was told there was no $. Just recently found a large sum put into Edward Jones a month after my mom passed. Do I have recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I was in my mother's will. Can I obtain a copy? I went to courthouse to see probate records but they bypassed probate somehow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, my mother passed in 2013. The executor told me there was no $. My bro and sisters are very well off. They have have me under complete surveilence, very sophisticated. I've spent hrs. and hrs. researching and have a few names of companies that have supplied. Found GA phone numbers on both my sister and husband and did a reverse phone check. They've done illegal things and are watching to keep me from getting them arrested.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
11/25/2017
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It all depends how your sister gave him the money and why (such as if he was named as a beneficiary on some policy or account). You need to do some investigation to find that out and you could sue your sister as executor if she improperly distributed funds from the estate. You would need to engage a local attorney to do the investigation into the estate and the accounts from the estate to see what the documents stated and how the money was transferred.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.