Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I'm a pro per litigant. I'm preparing a req. for documents.

Customer Question
I'm a pro per litigant...
I'm a pro per litigant. I'm preparing a req. for documents. How do I handle the standard request to produce the documents at the attorneys office? Can I remove it and only use the section that states that it is anticipated that the demand for production of documents will be made by mailing true and correct and legible cpoies of the req. documents, etc.?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
11/21/2017
Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. You can remove the request to produce documents at the attorney's office and use the section that states that that the demand will be made by mailing copies of the documents to you. Sometimes, a party may want to review the documents inside the attorney's office, but in many cases, the other party may simply just mail or fax or even email copies of the documents over to the other party. Discovery is governed by CA law; however, the law generally leaves it up to the parties to simply figure out the best way to get the docs to each other. What other questions did you have for me?