Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

S Jost my father just passed away here about a month ago and…

Customer Question
Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** sexy Iowa my father just passed away here about a month ago and chords to his hunting dog Reba I thought was only state law that you cannot sell a dog unless she's in the will by my name

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

My dads will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yeah I want to see if it's not under the federal law that the guns cannot be sold unless or sold by a licensed dealer insured or cannot be sold by the the executor of the estate

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

My sympathies for your family's loss;

to be clear, you are trying to find out if a executor may, under federal law, sell a gun that is in the will, or if one must hire a licensed dealer to do so?