Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I opened a trust account for my grandson 51,000 dollars. I…

Customer Question
I opened a trust...

I opened a trust account for my grandson 51,000 dollars. I allowed my son

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

His father to invest money in the account and thus enlarge it. my grandson is only 4 years old who can I go to to have the account checked to see he is doing that and not siphoning money off for his own use.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The account is now held by scottrade.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oy that my son has a lot of money lately He lives beyond his means I am 84 years old and have reason ont to trust him. he also controls his mothers

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 9 months ago
Jessica B

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I hope I may be of assistance with your question. Please remember to rate my service at the end of this session. Thank you!

Estate Lawyer: Jessica B,
 replied 9 months ago

Who is the Trustee of the trust? Also is the trust revocable or irrevocable?