Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am the Power of Attorney of my almost 99 year old father.

Customer Question
I am the Power...

I am the Power of Attorney of my almost 99 year old father. Living closer than other family members I ve also looked after all of his affairs for 28 years. Am I entitled to a certain % of his estate for doing all of this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Rhode Island

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Rhode Island. When he was 82 we decided to put his estate into a trust...a revocable living trust which includes bank his savings and other money that went into the trust and his house.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I ve done all the work re: drs. banking cleaning out the basement etc.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
11/19/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Are you also the trustee here or executor , are all his funds in trust or probate, is he deceased , some more information please.