Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How does the Executrix of an estate in Ga have to finalize…

How long does the Executrix...
How long does the Executrix of an estate in Ga have to finalize distributions? Some of it went into a Trust, and she is also the Trustee—the estate’s antiques are sitting in the deserted house now over 2 years with mildew. How can she be forced to sell them and distribute the money?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You need to write the probate judge of the estate here and ask for a hearing.You can tell the judge about the problems maybe remove the executor if necessary and also seek partial distribution here.If you are an heir thats the way to get this moving.The court otherwise has no way of knowing what the problems are.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney