Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

In California, is the Trustee required to provide the trust…

Customer Question
In California, is the...

In California, is the Trustee required to provide the trust documents to beneficiaries after the death of the person who created the trust?

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have nothing as yet other than the person who has died told me I was one of 2 beneficiaries.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Those are the basics, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
11/16/2017
Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney with extensive estate planning and administration experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Yes, the trustee of the trust needs to provide the beneficiaries a copy of the trust, as well as an accounting of the trust assets, withing a reasonable time after the estate has been organized after the trustor dies.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Thank you so much. That helps me to understand what basics I'm entitled to.
Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

You are very welcome.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Unfortunately, I have been dissabled and surviving on only my Social Security for the last 5 years and I had some unexpected expenses involved with going to visit my mom before she passed just 3 weeks ago. Right now I have very little money to buy food and pay for medications. In a month or so if I still have more questions I will get ahold of you and be able to pay for your services. Send me an e-mail or contact information so I can get back with you.
Estate Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 8 months ago

You can contact me through here.