Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do you get proof of ownership of a deceased relative.

Customer Question
Hi, How do...

Hi, How do you get proof of ownership of a deceased relative.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

I'm in Georgia. But the deceased relative lived in New York.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I'm applying for the death certificate now. I'm the niece. My father's sister is the deceased relative.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that's it.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Estate Law
11/14/2017
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
I am sorry for your loss. Proof of ownership of what? Real estate?