Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

It has been determined that my grandmothers' house is deemed…

Customer Question
It has been determined...

It has been determined that my grandmothers' house is deemed heir property by the courts. Prior to that my dad thought he was the surviving child. He took out a loan had the property rehab and had an agreement with his niece to pay rent. The niece paid the rent for four years then stopped. My dad died and I tried to have her evicted citing she was in the house as a tenant not as an heir. Now I can't get her out to rent the property to pay back a loan my dad took out on his other property to rehab this property located in Mississippi.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Not sure what you mean

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Estate Lawyer: LegalGems, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; so to be clear the property belonged to your father and he rented to the niece, and she is delinquent on rent?