Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My brother is ececutor of my mother's estate. There are 4

My brother is ececutor of...
My brother is ececutor of my mother's estate
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: There are 4 children and she had told me repeatedly that all was to be divided equally 4 ways
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: ohio
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not been permitted to see any documents nor am I permitted to enter my mother's home.
11/6/2017
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

When did your Mother pass away? Has an estate proceeding been started? If so, did you ever received notice?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
3 weeks ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not received documentation of any kind nor have I been permitted access to my mother's home. The other 3 children have been there at will.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My mother was also the treasure for the church she and I attended for the past 20 years and there are still documents that I need to retrieve for the church.

Is there an estate proceeding open? Did you check the court file?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How would I determine if a court file has been opened?

You would go to the nearest court that handles probate and speak to the probate court to ask how to do a file search. You want to see if a proceeding was opened and see if there is a copy of the will. We can continue to discuss.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok...I will do. Thank you

You are welcome. If you have further questions, later on, you can always open a new question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney