Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My daughter lives in Co. and is my POA. My son lives in

Customer Question
My daughter lives in...

My daughter lives in Co. and is my POA. My son lives in Novato near me and is durable POA. My son is a successor to my POA. What if I can't manage my trust. My son is an accountant and more qualified. Can he manage it?Because my son lives near me it wasmore appropriate for him to take care of my health.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Ca. Papers filed with USSA where my trust is.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Trust will amendments POA and succesort trustees all filed with USAA

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/27/2017
Estate Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you for your patience. So, the beauty of a POA is that you can make whatever changes you need at any time. So, if you would like to adjust your POA such that your accountant son can manage your trust in the event that you can't, then you can update your POAs with both your son and your daughter to reflect that fact. As the ward of the POA, you have total control over who has access to your finances and medical decisions. Accordingly, I'd recommend making that change before you do not have the capacity to do such a thing.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.