Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How do you change the trustee on a living trust? Texas.

How do you change...

How do you change the trustee on a living trust?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Copies of the living trust

10/19/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive estate planning and administration experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Answer: Changing the trustee of a trust is actually a very simple proposition, if it is your trust. As the trustor (creator of the trust) you would simply need to sign an amendment to the trust naming the new trustee. You can either prepare this document yourself or have an attorney prepare it. Because of the simplicity of the document, the attorney that prepared the original trust (if any) may be willing to do this amendment at no cost. Otherwise, a good attorney will be able to provide a very low flat-fee for this service. Avoid any attorney that wants to charge you on an hourly basis for this.

Rating & Additional Questions: Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please do not rate my service. Please ask me as many questions as you need, until you feel I have earned an excellent rating. There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.