Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Husband passed away a month ago, we had a prenup, insurance…

Customer Question
Husband passed away a...

Husband passed away a month ago, we had a prenup, insurance was with BC BS federal, his soc sec was with federal so I'm not entitled to the larder retirement amt ,we were married 4 yrs. I get nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The pre nup, have gotten nothing from civil service opm, but they say I'm not entitled to anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I thought whatever we accumulated after marriage we share

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Estate Law
10/6/2017
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cant get a response on my phone
I thought this was a free service

The terms of the service were explained to you and agreed upon when you posted your question. If you do not wish to pay for the service as agreed, please let us know and we will let customer service know to refund your money.