Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

OR: dad died left house to me and sister. Had no other

Customer Question
OR: dad died left...

OR: dad died left house to me and sister. Had no other assets. He took out a reverse mortgage 7 yrs before he died. I live in his house. I have made no payments. Trust deed hold sued naming me/sister and "unknown heirs"--there are no unknown heirs. We want to sell house but real estate agent says he cant list as there may be creditors or cloud on title but I can't afford to pay for probabte

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

OREGON

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does this cost me money? I'm broke

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Estate Law
the place is work aboy 250K and has about 50K equity
I don't have any. A friend of mine who is an old lawyer is looking at them. He definitely said dad left the property to sis and I and that the foreclosure waa that of a trust deedthe place is work abooty 250K and has about 50K equity
I don't have any. A friend of mine who is an old lawyer is looking at them. He definitely said dad left the property to sis and I and that the foreclosure was that of a trust deedthe place is work abooty 250K and has about 50K equity
I don't have any. A friend of mine who is an old lawyer is looking at them. He definitely said dad left the property to sis and I and that the foreclosure was that of a trust deed. He made out an answer from me which I filed denying most of what the foreclosure saidthe place is work abooty 250K and has about 50K equity
10/6/2017
Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

The Realtor is either lazy or stupid. A title search will show if there are any liens. If there is a clear $50k in equity, then the probate costs and general creditors can be paid from the sale proceeds. You should not have to pay for anything in advance. Find another Realtor who can recommend a good lawyer, or use the one you know. (I'm an old lawyer too). But move quickly, i.e. before a foreclosure sale where you and sis will lose ownership and be forced to move. I will be on line only occasionally during the weekend.

I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.