Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My wife is in a nursing home with Alzheimer. I am the

Customer Question
My wife is in...

My wife is in a nursing home with Alzheimer. I am the Trustee of our estate and assets. I have set aside a qualifying special needs trust for her care . My question is . I want to start distributing assets $$ to my children and Gran children. As their nee in now. Not when my wife and I have left this world.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

LastWill And Testament, Designation of healthcare Surrogate,Durable power of Atto4ney, Living Will Declaration.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Estate Law
10/1/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
What does the trust provide with regard to the Trustee's power to distribute trust assets?