Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If the decedent dies without a will and has a car and an RV,

Customer Question
If the decedent dies...

If the decedent dies without a will and has a car and an RV, neither of which are registered in his name, can any family member dispose of them and does any paperwork need to be gebwrated

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have no documents

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The two vehicles are valued low dollar and he died insolvent

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/30/2017
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Can you provide me a bit more information? In whose name are the RV and car registered? What family members survived the decedent? Thank you!