Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

A son in law passed away recently in another county in TX.

Customer Question
A son in law...

A son in law passed away recently in another county in TX. His son lives with us full time and his mother is in a care facility in another TX city and not always of sound mind. The three of us are some distance apart. There is very little property involved, an old truck and a small bank account. What is the best way to proceed

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

The state is Texas and the truck is a 1999 Chevrolet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure. The county had the body cremated at the request of his sister. The bank that hold a small note on the truck is aware.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

How much is truck worth, how much in bank?

And how much debt on the truck?Is anybody else on the account?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney