Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Does CO Estate or CA estate law, since the home is located…

Does CO Estate or CA...
Does CO Estate or CA estate law, since the home is located in California, require the home to have an appraisal at a required point in time after the death of the decedent whose home is in a trust?I am the trustee and have yet to get an appraisal due to an illness and living out of state away from California
It's been four months since decedents death
9/28/2017
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If the property is in CA, then you can use the value of the property either at death, or at the alternative valuation date of 6 months after death.

.

But if the property is in a trust, then it isn't part of the probate estate..

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney