Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am married for 40 years with four grown children. ,my wife…

Customer Question
I am married for...

I am married for 40 years with four grown children.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

,my wife and I have a trust for us.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Yes everything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question is how do I set up a will that leave half my assets to my children?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/26/2017
Estate Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 10 months ago
retireddebra

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Estate Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 10 months ago

What province are you in please?

What is your concern? I am not sure what the issue is. Please explain a bit more.

Thanks

Sorry for interruption. My wife and I have a Family Trust. What would be involved in changing my will to give her half my estate and leave the other half to my four grown children?
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. You were in the Canada Category, is this a U.S. question, if so which State?

Are you online with me?