Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I'm in California and my mother Bonnie Grant lived i live in…

Customer Question
I'm in California and...

I'm in California and my mother Bonnie Lee Grant lived i live in Tulsa Oklahoma when she passed away. My sister refused to give me any information about my mother's death and about her funeral or the lawyer's name for the estate. I am with legal access plans and was able to at least get the lawyer's name for the estate which is Susan Muscari and requested documentation of all estate trust transactions. The lawyer refused to do so. My mother had property and stocks and bonds there in Tulsa, also property and had made it quite clear that when she passed on actually her exact words were when I go home to Jesus, you and your sister will divide my assets. When i was notified my mother had died my sister refused to give me any information except to say that everything is hers. I wounc up in the hospital and am still sick because of this. How do i get information about my mother's estate?. I am a retired teacher who lost my home, my benefits, my husband and daughter to cancer and I'm really ill with health problems at 69 years old. I have no money except what I have paid to legal access plans and told me to consider a pro bono attorney? how do I do that when i'm in California and my mom's assets and my mothers property is there?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

, My mother's estate, property, and her burial cite is in Tulsa Oklahoma and I'm her oldest daughter in California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

My mother Bonnie Lee Grant died on July 5 2017, She was buried on July 14, My mother and I were close but, my sister Georgia, and I were not. My mom had dementia the last years of her life and when my niece had told me she and my sister had helped her change the will I was furious. One of my nieces sent me a text stating that her mom had spent a lot of the estate money fixing up my mom's house. .The home is worth about 69 thousand dollars and stocks and bonds worth about 70000dollars

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes when I asked the attorney for the estate for information she said she would only give it to an attorney when she knew I am elderly, and have very little money.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/25/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Do you know if sister has filed a probate case to settle mother's estate?

.

Do you have an attorney representing you in Ok?

.

.

thanks

My sister already has already has an attorney that was handling my mom's estate. She would not give me any information about where my mom was taken , which mortuary or anything which wound up causing me to go to the hospital. Through my investigating and my plaster calling Tulsa, I was able to get the estate lawyers name, but when I called Susan Muscari at(###) ###-####and requested her to send me documentation of all estate trust transactions she said it was ethical to talk to my lawyer. You see in the last years of my mom's life, she had dementia and my sister manipulated her to change the will. I was informed of that by my sister Georgia Haga and her daughter Roxann who both used drugs. I told the lawyer that it would have been ethical had she given me any information or even sent me a letter I was promised she refused. My mom has stocks and bonds property and a home there in Tulsa. I'm out here in California, disabled, and at the time my mom was buried, I was in the hospital. I'm still under doctors car and cannot travel I haven't even been able to find out when and if the will was read. My mom had always told me I was to get half of all her assets. She knew I was have a hard time. My home was foreclosed on and my benefits taken

Ok, thank you for that information. If the attorney is refusing to give you information, you could hire a local attorney to go and get a copy of the file for you. You could even just contact a local paralegal in the town where she lived and they could get a copy of the case file and mail it to you.

.

But if you feel that sister exerted influence over mother to cut you out of the will, you will have to hire a local attorney in OK to file a "will contest" to challenge the validity of the will and try to get it thrown out so that the estate will be split up between all the children evenly..

.

.

thanks

I just paid for assistance from justanswers and I'm part of legal access.com.i don't have more money to give and would like to find an attorney in Tulsa Oklahoma pro bono be

Ok, you might want to contact the local Legal Aid office where mom lived as this is the kind of case that they could either represent you on, or refer you to a local low cost or pro bono attorney who could help. You can also contact the OK Bar Association to see if they might have a referral program for pro bono representation.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney