Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My husband died in 2011 and he had a 401k that the company…

Customer Question
My husband died in...

My husband died in 2011 and he had a 401k that the company tried to steal and I found it at Regions Bank this year and they have removed the money

Lawyer's Assistant: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

My husband passed away in October of 2011. They tried to say I should not receive benefits as the Plan stated. This has been on going with me emailing them back and forth. They have lied to the DOL on 2 seperate occassions and the FDIC once. Now his money has disappeared from Regions Corporate Trust Division. It was at 169,000 when it disappeared.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

They are paying me incorretly by law my husband's benefits.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/22/2017
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you engaged a local attorney yet to represent you in a suit against the bank and employer who managed the 401K? If not, you are going to have to do so at this point, because if they took money he had vested in his 401K and it was designated for you as surviving spouse, then you as surviving spouse has a right to sue them for damages. If fraud is proven, you can also seek up to triple damages, plus attorney's fees as well.

So at this point, this has gone on too long and now you discovered the fraud and improper payment, you need a local attorney to file suit against the bank and the employer.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I do not call this helping me. I need an attorney and on what grounds am I hiring this attorney?
Why was I billed 37.00 when I am to be billed 5.00?
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney