Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Mom passed house in my name does that include everything on…

Customer Question
Mom passed house in...

Mom passed house in my name does that include everything on the property

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My sister had her self appointed the exator of the property none of my brother or sister knew

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

My condolences for your loss.

If all she left was the home then it would include the real estate and improvements (such as the actual house). Any other assets would need to be specifically stated in her last will.

It would not, as a general rule, include the personal property, such as the furniture, and other contents.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

I applied for a quick deed on the house and got it

Excellent. So, how can I help you?

Are you still online with me?

Did you have further questions?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!