Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

If I paid for the funeral expenses for a decedent, How do I…

Customer Question
If I paid for...

If I paid for the funeral expenses for a decedent, How do I go about collecting in the state of Illinois??

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Death certificate, funeral bills, and I am filling out small claims affidavit

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the decedent basically died indigent and I had to pay for funeral because other members of the immediate family did not want to do anything. I was first cousin.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/22/2017
Estate Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Collecting from who? Did anyone else agree to pay?