Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

What happens when an original trust document has been lost…

Customer Question
What happens when an...

What happens when an original trust document has been lost and the bank will not process the closing of the trust without the original first trust agreement.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have The Complete Amendment and Restatement of the Ligeiko Family Revocable Trust Agreement Dated September 15, 1997, but they say there is one before this one that this one was copied from. I do not have that one.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/22/2017
Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Is there a copy?

If bank wont proceed you have 2 options, first a lawyer letter demanding compliance. Second an application to the court to obtain an order compelling them to do so.

Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!