Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am the trustee of my parents bypass trust and do I have…

Customer Question
I am the trustee...

I am the trustee of my parents bypass trust and do I have the right to distribute funds as I want or do I have to get permission from my siblings?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Thank you Gabriella in Calif

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The bypass trust

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/21/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You have legal authority to distribute funds under the terms of the trust.If you have such authority under the trust you do not need anybodies permission to distribute and may do so under the trust.The California Trust Code allows for such distribution according to the term of the trust.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney