Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I have been in probate court for more than three years,

Customer Question
fighting over being the administrator...
I have been in probate court for more than three years, fighting over being the administrator. No will, no trust, properties purchased before we married. No children. No living parents. Four greedy siblings who know better - but are fighting for half of the estate -simply based on purchases "prior" to our marriage entitling them. I am not content with my attorney because he has failed to submit proof of transmutation even though he has had evidence for over a year. Recently, the authority was taken from me and given to two of his siblings who are attempting to liquidate everything and rob me of what I believe is rightfully mine. I asked my attorney to file an appeal, especially because He, my attorney failed to submit a court ordered document, and I believe that was the final straw for the judge ( as he has failed to submit requested information on more that one occasion, even though he has had the information for more than a year!).... My attorney told me he didn't know if he could appeal...but for sure he didn't object. I really need to know if I can stop this crazy behavior and what will it take me to submit a petition for transmutation and/or go to trail to fight this? Please let me know if and what my options are, and also, if you have any case history I can read up on. This case is in Trinity County Ca. I come from a small town (Hayfork) and the siblings are going out of their way to attempt to humiliate me because they hate me. I don't believe they should have the right to force to liquidate my properties and rob me of the income I would otherwise have to live on. Please help.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/22/2017
Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 10 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Have you considered changing attorneys?