Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I need a sample of a release letter for beneficiairies to…

Customer Question
I need a sample...

I need a sample of a release letter for beneficiairies to sign upon receiving money from the sale of trust property due to foreclosure

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The forclosure notice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One of the beneficiary daughter was a tenant of the property and upon removing all assets belonging to the trust did not allow retrieval of the washer and dryer that was purchase by the trust during the time renting for the trust. how do I retrieve those assets for that tenant

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/20/2017
Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 11 months ago
socrateaser, Attorney

NOTICE: If you are presented with an offer for a phone consultation, which may appear to have been sent by me, please know that this is an automated website offer, and that I do not participate in this Justanswer program. If you would like to correspond with me directly, whether by phone, email or otherwise, then do not accept the phone call offer, because your request will be accepted by a random contributor, who may or may not be licensed to practice law in California – and, I will be unable to provide further assistance. Instead, simply type to me that you would like my direct contact info, and I will send you a specific offer for that purpose.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), the Bar of the U.S. Tax Court, the California and National Associations of Realtors, and I have comprehensive information about all areas of California law.

I would be delighted to provide you with a sample letter for your purposes. However, the only way that I can do this is if we take this discussion offline. The reason for this is that: (1) as soon as I publish my example to this website, it becomes available to every person on the internet who does a google search for the same information; and (2) Justanswer's terms of service grants it an irrevocable perpetual license to redistribute anything published in a Q&A session. Consequently, I would be giving my intellectual property up to the website for its own future use without any compensation.

If this is acceptable to you, please let me know and I will send you a premium services offer. Thanks in advance for your understanding and for using Justanswer!

I paid $46 for this type of response

No, you haven't paid anything, and you are entitled to a refund, if you aren't satisfied with the results. You're not asking a simple question, though you may believe that you are. As a California lawyer, it would be incompetent of me to provide you with a "boilerplate" release, without understanding all of the underlying facts -- because, as a matter of law, the release is invalid unless the trustee satisfies numerous underlying equirements.

So, if you want a sample release from someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, then I'll be happy to opt out, and you can take your chances with anyone else who is willing to blow smoke in your direction.

But, if you want me to provide you with something that's likely to actually operate as a release, then I can only do that for you outside of this forum.

Please let me know your preference.

Thanks for using Justanswer!