Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I'm applying for a EIN number for my mother's trust per the…

Customer Question
Hi I'm applying for...

Hi I'm applying for a EIN number for my mother's trust per the title company for escrow and I'm not sure what would be the date the trust was funded?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

In California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have her living trust and her will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And I am the only child

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/20/2017
Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Attorney replied 11 months ago
socrateaser, Attorney

The date of funding of the trust is the date that any assets (e.g., bank accounts, real property deeds, stock certificates, CDs, etc. were first placed in the name of the trustee of the trust (i.e., your mother, if it's her living trust).

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!