Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

How does muniment of title take, Texas, i found a will, what…

Customer Question
How long does muniment...

How long does muniment of title take

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I found a will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What else do i need

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/18/2017
Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

The probate of a Will as a muniment of title is where a Will is filed for probate, the court recognizes the Will, but does not appoint an executor to administer the estate. Rather, once the court signs its order establishing the Will as the decedent’s true last Will, a certified copy of the Will and the court’s order can be used to transfer title in any real property owned by the decedent to those people listed in his Will. Since no executor need be appointed, the process is fairly straight forward and typically takes about 4 weeks.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney