Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

We want to leave our estate assets 50% to our daughter, and…

Customer Question
We want to leave...

We want to leave our estate assets 50% to our daughter, and 50% to her only

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Son, age 14, when he reaches age 25. Should my daughter die before she gets to inherit, we want her 50% to go to her son. This is because we have had little relationship with her husband, who has shown no interest in us. Do we have specific in our trust under distribution:50% to daughter, and if she is not around, to go to her son? She & her hubsand have set up their will and trust, and we are afraid if something ahppens to her, her husband get what we leave for her. Thanks, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Don't understand your question. We do not have my daughter's will or trust. We just want her son to have the 50% we're leaving for her to go to her son if she's not around.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

Do we have specific in our trust under distribution:50% to daughter, and if she is not around, to go to her son?

.

If you want to insist that only daughter inherit the money if living, and if not, then to your grandson, then you can just put a "survivorship clause" in the will or trust that says if a beneficiary predeceases you, their gift lapses and then the successor beneficiary receives the gift.

.

This is done all the time when parents don't like their child's spouse..

.

.

thanks

For follow on question on the same topic, is theremore charges than the $5.00. and the $42 already charged my credit card?If I rather talk than type, when I click Call Me, would I be getting you? or another lawyer? Will there be additional charges
to clarify your answer? (Same question)

Follow ups are included at no charge..

.

But yes, it is my understanding that there is an additional charge for a phone call. However I can address any issues you have here on the JA website and you will have it in writing, instead of trying to remember what was said in a call..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much