Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

I am the administrator of an property with limited authority…

Customer Question
I am the administrator...

I am the administrator of an property with limited authority the judge has gave me permission to sale the property will the funds go back to the court first?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Im am the decedent mother and only living heir no children or wife

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if i need a probate lawyer or should i be ok to proceed without one

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 11 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

I would consider a probate lawyer here.Usually once you are court appointed you apply for an EIN number for the estate and open an estate checking account.The funds are deposited into the estate account so any claims including legal fees, filing fees, fee to you as administrator can be paid before the final funds are distributed.The court has to approve any distributions in this court supervised probate.

You can locate a probate lawyer here

Contact the State Bar for Help

You can do this without a lawyer but you may choose to use one.

EIN number here

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.