Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

Can a house in Arizona be sold or listed while it's in

Customer Question
Can a house...

Can a house in Arizona be sold or listed while it's in probate?

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I received a notice of informal probate of will and appointment of personal representatives. I have four months to respond

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The deceased was my former husband. I would like to buy his house but was told it was sold and in escrow.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
9/16/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

Yes, a house can be sold while it is in probate. In fact, it happens all the time. The seller is the estate of the owner of record. The executor or personal representative signs off on the contract and closing documents, including the deed, on behalf of the estate.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question to your satisfaction.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!