Estate Law

Estate law questions? Ask an estate lawyer.

My grandfather recently passed, I have some question about…

Customer Question
My grandfather recently passed...

My grandfather recently passed, I have some question about his will. I have a copy. I wanted to know if his will blinds him to it, since his name isn't spelled right. at the time he was in his right mind and body. All his other document have his correct name.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have some where he has sold land. my aunt deed and his birth record

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes his house was in my late grandmother and his name. does she have the right to sale

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

My condolences for your loss.

Is it signed in his correct name? Is there anyone who would object to the admission of the will to probate?

Did your grandmother and late grandfather own their home in joint tenancy?