Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

Can someone who is appointed to care for the financial

Customer Question

Can someone who is appointed to care for the financial interest of person with Alzheimer who is mentally impaired and in a group home, who has their financial power of attorney, change the beneficiary designates of the life insurance policy that the Alzheimers patient has?Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Generally, NO. Beneficiary designations made by the principle are not subject to change by the POA. The POA is obligated to work on behalf of the principle. If on the other hand the POA believes that the principle made the designation out of duress, the POA can seek assistance from the Court in challenging the designation.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald